In 1886, Boller Funeral Home was owned and operated by Andrew Boller. Mr. Boller came to Faulkton in the 1880s from Highmore and in 1906, Andrew’s son, Fred, joined him in the funeral business. Andrew died in 1928. Fred Boller continued to run the Funeral Home and furniture store until 1946 when he sold his firm to Ross Sorum. Fred Boller died in 1969. Ross Sorum operated his new business in the original Boller Funeral Home until 1954, when he built the current Funeral Home at 814 St. John Street. In 1973, Ross Sorum sold the Funeral Home to Hardie Langslet. Hardie operated the business solely until his son Loren joined him in the family business. Loren took sole operation. In 1979 John F. Luce, Jr. along with his family moved to Faulkton where he ran this location until 1982 when he purchased the business from Loren and relocated to Gettysburg.
Upon John’s purchasing he hired Ken Ripley to run the Faulkton location. Ken remained here until he and John together purchased Larson Funeral Home in Mobridge. Ken relocated to Mobridge at that time to run its location. In 1986, Bruce Vik came to work for John and took care of the funeral home. During the summer of 2000, John hired Mandy Luikens. Mandy was located in Gettysburg and worked between the two locations. Bruce Vik died in 2002 and Mandy resumed the managerial role of Faulkton until in December 2003 when Tiffany A. Hofer came to work for the funeral home. Tiffany managed the funeral home for three years.
In 1985, John purchased a building on Main Street of Eagle Butte and converted the building to a funeral home to serve the community which did not have a funeral home.
John Luce passed away September 9, 2005 in a plane accident.
On October 18, 2006, Mandy Luikens and Tiffany A. Hofer purchased the Funeral Homes from the Luce Family. The funeral home continues to be an independently family owned and operated business.